Friday, November 13, 2009

Fall beauty

6am, 11/9/09
Lots of H1N1 at work and other mutant viruses, one of which has nailed me for 4 weeks. I finally made a camp at urgent care and said, "I'm done, give me antibiotics." It worked! I feel much better now.

This morning, I took in my moments of beauty as I walked back from the store with - what else? - cat food and cough syrup. Walking into the slowly dawning eastern sky, Orion the hunter to the west, overhead a moon piece and from the corner of my eye, I glimpse a hint of the Milky Way.

For this time I need nothing else but to revel in this glory. I remember Psalm 121, "I will lift up my eyes to the mountains...from whence my help comes."

All is perfect in my world. I walked until I had to turn for home to get ready for work. Even though the dawn is to my back, I see it pinking up the clouds in the western sky. I am blessed, favored, protected, alive, synapses firing, awakened, prepared for the day.